Sunday, July 1, 2012

Welcome, Friends

Hi Folks!


Welcome to my blog, "No Cookies In The Library".  I'm glad you stopped by. I wanted to share the comic inspiration behind my blog's title with you all.  (Play the video above and enjoy!!)

I don't know if you remember this classic Sesame Street clip, but it's one of my favorites!  I love it because I think highlights the recreational and educational benefits of reading while at the same time encouraging us (aspiring) librarians to take the time to laugh at ourselves every once in a while... :-)

I encourage you to check in on me here often as I embark on my library adventures.  I'll confess to you now that I hope my adventures are as exciting as Alice's were (in Wonderland).

Until Next Time,

~J

Note: I do not own any of the rights to the YouTube content shared in this post.

2 comments:

  1. Just testing the ability to post comments! Also, the clip, while adorable, wasn't really accurate even when it was made -- there would have probably not been "just books" but magazines, vertical file info, LP records, maybe even realia in the library. And now, of course, the public library keeps my household supplied with CDs and DVDs as well as reading material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Suzanne! I was thinking that the clip probably wasn't totally accurate...as you note libraries at the time the clip was made probably circulated some magazines and LP records and other materials.

    I included the clip primarily because it inspired the name of my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete